It’s very difficult to get visitors on weekends as people normally use the weekends to rest or spend time with family members and so they don’t visit websites or blogs as often. Following are some proved techniques to increase traffic during weekends:
- Network within Social Communities: You will always find a lot of people on online communities. Here you can get hundreds of visitors for your website provided you advertize your site discreetly on the right places. This strategy includes posting and interacting on popular forums, big social networking websites like Facebook, news sites like Digg/Reddit and of course on blog sites like Blogcatalog or MyBloglog.
- Create Weekend Link Bait: Big social websites like Digg, Reddit, del.icio.us or StumbleUpon can help a lot in getting visitors even in weekends. Try to make and promote Link Bait in weekends. This is the most easiest and powerful way to get visitors in weekends. Usually the sites with community news post little news in weekends, so you’re Link Bait should be more productive in this period.
- Comment on Blogs. People normally don’t comment on blogs during weekends, so many blogs are not updated in these days. Hence, try to be the first few to post comments on blogs in weekends. As their will be fewer comments, so it will be easy for visitors to view your comments. Most importantly, concentrate on blogs with huge traffic.
- Email Pitch Your Website. Send messages to bloggers with some special offers to promote or advertize your website. You should also offer some kind of bonuses for publishers you select. This way they will be more attracted to work for you.
- Weekly Contest: This is one of the best ways to get immense traffic not only in normal days, but also in weekends. The question is how this will work in weekends? Simply announce the results of the contest in weekends. Any one, who has participated in contest, will visit your website in anyway.
- Use Paid Advertize. This is the easiest way to drive traffic not only in normal days, but also in weekends. Just invest some money on sponsors or Pay Per Click, and see flood of people coming to your website 24/7. These are not the only ways where one can invest to attract visitors; you can also advertise your website in some popular websites.
- People don’t always want to see “buy”. Offer them something “free” as well. Free gifts can range from digital E-Books to free games etc. When something is free, no one will hesitate to visit your website even in weekends. So offer these gifts in the end days of the week.
- Publish During the Weekends. If you have enough feed subscribers then prefer publishing in weekends as most of the subscribers will hopefully visit your website. Special offer: If you are selling something then offer special discounts on weekends. Buy one get one free promotion can also be offered in weekends. This will definitely attract potential customers to make their purchase on weekends.